Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mouse head


It seems like “loveys” are the new fall fad. And why not? They are as simple as they are versatile. There are as many lovey ideas already thought of, but with your imagination, or your kid’s idea, you can make a lovey of your own. I chose a simple design, traditional Mickey and Minnie. I love the idea of getting my blanket fix on a much smaller level. Since I also like to switch my stitches around, I chose a different pattern for each to keep it interesting for me. Click here to see my last lovey, the frog.


Mouse head

What I used: small amount of worsted weight black yarn, G (4mm) hook
Do not slip stitch or chain. This pattern is worked in rounds. Use a marker to keep track of your stitches. Stuff with washable, baby safe material as you go.

What I did: 6 single crochet in a magic ring.
Rnd1: 2sc ss in each stitch around. (12sc)
Rnd2: 2sc ss, sc in the next stitch, repeat to end. (18sc)
Rnd3: 2sc ss, sc in the next 2 st, repeat to end. (24sc)
Rnd4: 2sc ss, sc 3x, repeat to end. (30sc)
Rnd5: 2sc ss, sc 4x, repeat to end. (36sc)
Rnds6-11: sc in each st. (36sc)
Rnd12: sc2tog, sc4x, repeat to end. (30sc)
Rnd13: sc2tog, sc 3x, repeat to end. (24sc)
Rnd14: sc2tog, sc2x, repeat to end. (18sc)
Rnd15: sc2tog, sc, repeat to end. (12sc)
Rnd16: sc2tog repeating to end. (6sc)



Make sure the hole is not too big for the stuffing to come loose.

Repeat to round 5 twice for the ears and sew firmly in place. Sew the head firmly onto the lovey and weave in all ends.

For Mickey I used a variation of this square. For Minnie I used a variation of this pattern from Bernat. You will need to log in to view.

You may enjoy my pattern for free, even sell your finished projects, but please do NOT claim them as your own/sell them as your own.

3 comments:

  1. Ive never seen one like this awsome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I may have gotten the idea from Pinterest. Someone sells them on Etsy, but it much more fun to make one exactly the way you want.

      Delete